Electric clipper is a kind of hair clippers that work or driven by an electric motor. This clipper is work in the same way as the manual, both kinds of clipper is used to cut human head hair in heavier duty.
Even, the manual hair clipper, scissors and electric clipper use for same reason, but the electric clipper has more benefit, such as faster outcomes, less effort, achieve many styles. And also it allows you to regulate the speeds of cuts.
But for you who want to use electric clippers may get confuse in deciding which clipper are the best, since there are too many kind and brands of the electric clippers.
So, in this article, you may get some explanation in choosing the best electric clippers for shaving head you need. We will discuss about 10 best clippers for shaving head.
10 Best Electric Clippers – Comparison
|Clippers Image||Clippers Name||Corded or Cordless||Battery Life||Price|
|OSTER Classic 76||9 foot power cord||NA||See at Amazon|
|Remington HC4250||Corded||40 minutes||See at Amazon|
|Philips Norelco QC5580/40||Cordless||60 minutes||See at Amazon|
|Wowax Wireless||Cordless||NA||See at Amazon|
|Wahl 5-Star Balding||Corded||50 minutes||See at Amazon|
|Wahl Lithium Ion||Cordless Rechargeable||120 minutes||See at Amazon|
|Panasonic ER1611||Plug-in||NA||See at Amazon|
|Wahl Color Pro Complete||Cordless Rechargeable||NA||See at Amazon|
|Andis T-Outliner Trimmer||Powerful Cordless||NA||See at Amazon|
|Oster Ac T-finisher Trimmer||8 Ft Power Cord||NA||See at Amazon|
10 Best Electric Clippers for Shaving Head – Reviews
Here are the 10 best electric clippers for shaving head we are going to review.
1. OSTER Classic 76 Universal Electric Clipper
OSTER classic 76 Universal Motor clippers are known as the heavy – duty clippers that love by many barbers in the world. This clipper is one of the best electric clippers for shaving head.
There are some features that make this clippers loved by many barbers.
- This clippers have an amazing heavy – duty motor that allow you to use this clippers effortlessly, it also comes with a 9ft extensive wire, which means you can carry it effortlessly without having any issue of bring the extensive wire with you.
- You will also be able to change the blades effortlessly as they are detachable with ease.
- It comes with a low price compared to the other universal motor clippers of other brands in the market.
- But every best goods always come with cons side including this clipper, since this is a heavy – duty clippers, it won’t be suitable for woman, because it will not fit in their hand effortlessly.
- Make a lot of noise while working, so this clippers also not recommended for the beginners.
2. Remington HC4250 Shortcut Electric Clipper
Stylish design is the idea that will pop out of your head. From the look and design this electric clipper sure is stylish and simple. This amazing electric clipper is also popular among the barbers and also the home user.
This clipper is also known as the washable, portable and compact clipper. As you know anything should have the good and the bad side, it also works with this Remington HC4250 shortcut.
- Stunning design
- Ultra ergonomic and lightweight design
- Quiet, you will not hear noisy sound
- It has a curved blades for wider cuts
- Battery life is not that good, means you can’t use this for a long time.
- Largest comb is still rather shorts
- Ear area can be tricky
With that good and bad side, we need to take care of the clippers by brushing and washing it routine.
3. Philip Norelco QC5580/40 DIY Hair Electric Clipper Pro
We rarely see a hair clipper that isn’t just standalone; instead it’s a whole combination of utilities. And the king of the Do – It – Yourself hair clipper is none else than the Philips.
Philip Norelco QC5580/40 is the upgrade version of previous Philips hair trimmers that give you all your need to do trimming at home. This clipper gives you an extra convenience to trim and style your hair at home by yourself. And here are the pros and cons of this Philip Norelco QC5580/40.
This clipper more than perfect for you who need something that is compact, requires minimal maintenance and flexible.
- Unique design and extremely flexibility
- Very compact and light design
- Versatile length adjustment
- Washable parts
- Incredibly easy maintenance
- Convenient durability for any cut – your – own hair taste
- Plastic combs not that great
- Higher price range
- Can sometimes fail to cut even
4. Wowax Wireless Hair Electric Clipper for Men Professional
This electric clipper has great feature as the best electric clippers for shaving head. It has a ceramic titanium blade that will suitable for all kind of hair and also can be wash with water and will not get rusty.
Many people love this product since this product has an amazing LCD display and long running time. It also available in three speeds: 50 RPM, 58 RPM and 65 RPM. But they say that this electric clippers price is quite high, but still, it worth.
For more detailed bad and good side, here are the product’s pros and cons:
- Suitable of all kinds of hair
- Quite and powerful motor
- Cut without pulling the hair
- Detailed trimmer design and 4 design combs
- Suitable for the beginners
- May produce a little heat while using or charging
- The hair clipper cannot be washed
- The product can only be cleaned by little water or mild soap solution.
5. Wahl Professional 5-Star Balding Electric Clipper
Many people say that Wahl professional 5 – star balding mention that to be a must have barber item. The electric hair clipper has a powerful electromagnetic motor that can cuts twice the speed of pivot motors, the 5 Star Balding Clipper also offers barbers and stylists surgically-close cut that will make the shave effortless.
- Professional Precision
- Design to deliver the sharp performance that expert demands
- Powerful electromagnetic motor
- Having a surgical blade that will slice through your hair like a knife through butter.
- The excellent balding clipper at a really good price.
- Will last for many years if regularly maintained.
- The clipper’s blade will slice through any lumps or moles if you are not ultra-careful.
- Only suitable for professional
As we know that this clipper is not suitable for beginner, so don’t try to use this for the beginner.
6. Wahl Lithium Ion Electric Clipper
Wahl Professional Hair Clippers is a household brand for grooming for decades and also known as the best electric clippers for shaving head. And the brand now has developed some high tech grooming products, which are supposed to run longer, faster, with a quicker charge, and used with lithium ion technology.
Many people say that this clipper is easy to use at home and even for the beginner. So, anyone may consider buying this as their household clipper.
But before that, here are the pros and cons for you.
- The hair clipper comes with a total of 12 multi-sized guide combs
- Cordless- good for use at home or travel
- Self-sharpening blades to make you more comfortable
- Suitable for face, head, and hair (providing more coverage on the head), so it can be all in one clipper.
- It has a cord attached to makes it a little but more of a hassle to maneuver
- 8 guide combs
- The blades are made of carbon, which can dull faster
- Smaller which is more suitable for smaller areas
7. Panasonic ER1611 Professional Cordless Hair Electric Clipper
One of the best electric clippers for shaving head that also worth to buy is Panasonic ER1611 professional cordless hair clipper. This hair clipper do the job perfectly without causing any trouble to the beginner stylist or professional barber are the best.
It has amazing features such as the lightweight design and also easy to use. Other thing that becomes the best part of this hair clipper is that it easy to clean. So, as long as you clean this routine, you will get the best electric clippers.
To make you understand what the best and bad parts of the clippers, here are some of the pros and cons.
- It is lightweight and easy-to-use, advanced battery operation and an ergonomic design that handy and equipped with a rubber grip
- Works perfectly at home and a barber’s shop and is available at a reasonable price
- Creates some hurdles because it catches and pulls the hair inside
- Takes more time in completing a job
- Gives less time for operation without being corded
8. Wahl Color Pro Complete Hair Cutting Electric Clipper
This Clipper is appropriate for slicing and cutting hair all around the entire body, The Wahl Color Professional 20 Piece Complete Haircutting equipment is one of them. You can use for your complete head shave plus facial beard and mustache manscaping.
It also has an exclusive feature like color corded combs that make the clipper become fast and simple to get the perfect comb size.
- Handy colored combs
- Rubberized grip intended for effortless controlling
- helps you to cutting for different hair styles as you required
- The warranty is for 5 years
- 6 inches handled storage case
- Perfect for simple cuts and buzz cuts
- Not perfect for beards trimming
- Quite noisy
- Unfortunately made for use in USA electrical outlets only.
9. Andis T – Outliner Trimmer with Blade Electric Clipper
The next of the best electric clippers for shaving head is the Andis T –outliner Trimmer with Blade. The T-Blade of this clipper has a super fine tooth and is made of steel.
They are perfect for outlining or shaping. Also, the best part of it is that they can be replaced, thus making the product very cost effective.
To know more, here are the pros and cons of the products.
- It has a contour house with a high speed motor
- it allows fine cutting and fading
- The close cutting blade makes trimming necks ,beards and edges around the ears fine and smooth
- It does not make a loud noise when the high speed motor rotates while trimming the hair
- It works equally well when used for a dry shave
- It works well for short hair, so don’t try to use for your body hair if it gets too long.
- The blade is quite sharp.
10. OSTER ac T – Finisher Trimmer Electric Clipper
OSTER ac T – Finisher Trimmer is one of the best hair clippers and also have a more expensive price compared to the others. But it can’t be denied that this clipper has many fans due to the feature and the good things that this clippers offer.
Here are the pros and cons of this hair clipper.
- It has Whisper Quiet Pivot Motor
- Come with Close-Cutting Narrow T-Blade Design
- It also Great For Detailing & Trimming Around Ears, Beard, Mustache, Side Burns & Neckline
- This clippers can Break-Resistant Housing
- And it Includes Lubricating Oil & Cleaning Brush, 8 Ft Power Cord
- It slightly bulky
- There are no usual accessories
- For an optimum result, extra effort is needed.
Read also: How Do You Maintain A Shaved Head?
How to Choose Electric Clippers
To choose the best electric clippers for shaving head, you need to know the trick, and here are things that you need to consider before choose your clippers.
1. Purpose of Shaving
It means that you need to know what your purposes in shaving are. Do you want to shave daily to keep your face hair – free and smooth? Or you just need to trim your facial hair to make them not get overgrow? After identifying your shaving purpose, choose between the foil shavers and rotary shavers.
2. Electric Shaver Replacement Blades
When choosing the electric shavers, get the information of the razors whether the model has a second set of foils and blades or rotary heads. Because, an overtime usage will wear out the foil and blades, so it will need to be replace at least once a year.
And also, you need to find out the replacement parts price and how to find the parts.
3. Rotary or Foil
There are two kinds of electric shavers, the rotary shavers and foil shavers. The rotary shavers utilize circular blades and have three round heads with rotating circular cutters that work to comfort your face.
The rotary shavers are perfect for men who have long or thick hair and also for the one who are not intending to shave daily. And the foil shavers are best used moving in straight, long back and forth movement but it is not great for log hair.
4. Corded or Cordless
Cord can be equipped in the electric shavers. So it also two kind of shavers, there are corded shavers and cordless shavers. Cordless razor provide freedom and convenience. And the corded shavers will give you a maximum power at all times.
5. Battery life Span
Battery life is always become the first thing to consider when we talking about electronics tools, especially electric shavers. To get the best shavers you should remember the basic rules that a longer battery life is always better.
6. Wet or dry shaving
A good electric razor is the one with versatile ability. If you need to shave your hair anywhere at any time, you can choose the dry electric razor. But nowadays, it is possible to get both abilities in one electric shaver.
7. Power supply (disposable or Rechargeable)
A rechargeable electric shaver will work much better and profitable for a long term and the disposable will make you spend a lot of extra money. So it is better to get the rechargeable shaver for you who use the shaver daily.
Finally, we can know understand that electric clippers is work same way as the manual clippers. And to get the best Electric Clippers for Shaving Head we should consider many things such as the battery life span, our shaving purpose, or the power supply.
After identifying what we truly need, we may choose one of many brand of Shaver, such as OSTER ac T – Finisher Trimmer or other brand mentioned bellow.