Do you need the best zinc supplement for absorption? Zinc is an important mineral that supports health.
Our body needs 15-30 mg of zinc per day to improve our blood sugar levels, immunity, skin, eye, and heart health. However, you should not take zinc supplements too much, for example, over 40 mg.
The presence of a zinc supplement can help you to complete the zinc intake easily. Unfortunately, it is not easy to find the best zinc supplement because the options are endless.
For this reason, we would like to share our findings of the best zinc supplement along with a buying guide.
Best Zinc Supplement For Absorption Comparison
|Pure Encapsulations||Zinc Picolinate, 30mg||180||See details at Amazon|
|NOW Zinc Picolinate||Zinc Picolinate, 50mg||120||See details at Amazon|
|Thorne - Highly Absorbable||Zinc Picolinate, 15 mg||60||See details at Amazon|
|MegaFood, Glutan Free||Zinc||60||See details at Amazon|
|Frunutta Zinc||Zinc||90||See details at Amazon|
|Solgar Chelated Zinc||Zinc Chelated||250||See details at Amazon|
|EZ Melts Zinc||Zinc, 30mg||60||See details at Amazon|
|Pure Zinc Supplement||Zinc Glycinate (chelated), 25mg||120||See details at Amazon|
|NOW Supplements||Zinc Gluconate, 50mg||250||See details at Amazon|
|Good State - Ionic Liquid||Zinc Ultra Concentrate||50ml||See details at Amazon|
10 Best Zinc Supplement For Absorption in 2020 – My Reviews
Here are our best findings to read:
1. Pure Encapsulations
Take this supplement that supports your immune system, improve digestion, and stimulate reproductive health. The supplement contains pure ingredients based on research even for sensitive patients.
Additionally, it is free from peanuts, gluten, egg, and other allergens. For this reason, it is a great choice if you need a hypoallergenic zinc supplement.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, make sure you talk to your doctor first before taking this medication. Each of 1 vegetarian capsule has 30 mg of zinc picolinate. Besides, it contains other ingredients such as vegetarian capsule, hypoallergenic plant fiber, and ascorbyl palmitate.
- It is the ideal choice if you have hypothyroid since it can convert T4 to T3.
- It is anti-inflammatory to stimulate the immune system and to reduce antibodies
- The supplement works best to remove acne, to improve the dry spots on feet, and it is allergen-free
- The product contains corn, known as ascorbyl palmitate. So it is not the ideal choice if you are allergic to corn.
- A buyer left his review that he got expired product
2. NOW Zinc Picolinate
Zinc is an important mineral that works to support many things, especially for enzymatic functions. It is what you need to support your immune system functions. Also, zinc is an important component of the antioxidant system.
This supplement has some ingredients such as magnesium stearate, gelatin, and rice flour. It does not contain sugar, salt, wheat, yeast, corn, gluten, soy, egg, milk, and preservatives.
A single capsule contains 50 mg of zinc picolinate. Please note that these are not pills, but capsules.
- It gives some benefits: hair growth, nail health, immunity boost, solve chronic dandruff and it does not cause stomach upset
- Since it contains zinc picolinate, then it is the best zinc supplement for absorption.
- You can easily swallow it because it is in the form of pills. Even better, it does not have any strong smell.
- Rancid smell
- Few buyers left their reviews and they said the same thing. The zinc supplement could cause anxiety. Therefore, you should talk to your doctor first before taking this supplement whether you need a zinc supplement or not.
3. Thorne – Highly Absorbable
Zinc picolinate has better absorbability compared to other zinc supplements. It is the ideal choice for many athletes during exercise when they lose zinc because of sweating.
Additionally, it is what you need to support the immune system because it contains botanicals, vitamin C, vitamin D, flavonoids, multi-ingredients, and others.
Also, some formulas are available in the form of powders and liquids. In each capsule of this product, it contains 15 mg of zinc picolinate. Other ingredients are leucine, hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, and silicon dioxide.
This is what you need to support your overall health. However, you should talk to a health professional first before using this product.
- It offers some benefits: the immunity system, nails health, sleep problems, zinc deficiency, hormonal acne
- Works best even if you are also using probiotics, vitamin D, vitamin A, and L-Lysine
- It does not make stomach upset
- For people with histamine intolerance, it can make your symptoms worse. Therefore, we think it is good to talk to your doctor first so they can help you test your zinc level.
4. MegaFood, Gluten Free
This is your next choice if you need a supplement to support your immune health. It contains 22.5 mg of zinc per serving which is good enough.
Even better, it can work to support more than 100 enzyme functions. For this reason, it is good to support your health recovery, as well. You can enjoy it because it is from organic foods such as broccoli, organic spinach, parsley leaf, and others.
It is safe to consume this supplement one tablet per day, even if you have an empty stomach. The quality is great because it is free of dairy, soy, gluten. Best of all, this is a certified product, certified kosher and it is residue-free.
- It offers some benefits: good for cystic acne, immune system, leaky gut, autoimmune disease, and others
- You can use this product as the alternative of topical and oral antibiotics
- A buyer wrote a review that it was not a whole food but it was “vegetable lubricant” and it is Stearic Acid, which is chemical.
5. Frunutta Zinc
Move onto the next product, this is what you need to stimulate your immune system. It is also the alternative if you have wounds and you want to heal it faster. Additionally, if you are working in front of the laptop for many hours, this supplement provides enough nutrients to support your eye health.
It does not offer pills, but it is a vitamin that can dissolve easily. It contains D3, biotin, and B12.
With those ingredients, it is easier to absorb the supplement into your bloodstream. There are some good things about this product such as no preservative, no gluten, non-GMO, no sugar, no dye, no additives, and no fillers.
- No sweet and sugar, but it tastes like a candy
- It is good for improving your immune system, good to get over colds
- It does not upset your stomach like other zinc pills, therefore it is good
- The vitamin is chewable for kids but swallowing it can get stuck in their throat. So make sure that you give it under your supervision.
6. Solgar Chelated Zinc
Still, need more options? Try this product which is a good choice if you are looking for optimal absorption. Solgar made it with Chelated Zinc, and it has a patented formula. It has 22 mg per serving so that it is the ideal zinc intake to enjoy every day.
There are some good things about this product. First, it contains antioxidant activity so that it is what you need to improve your immune system.
Next, it supports collagen so that it can make your nails, hair, and skin healthy, as well. Best of all, it is safe from allergens because it does not contain gluten, wheat, yeast, soy, dairy, sugar, sweetener, artificial flavor, and others.
- Good for people with adult acne, auto-immune, colds,
- No stomach issues and it is safe to consume even without food
- No smell and no taste, so it is good for some people who cannot tolerate a supplement with taste or smell
- Solgar needs to make the tablets a little bit small and coated, so it is a little bit easier to swallow.
7. EZ Melts Zinc
Available in the form of tablets, this zinc supplement is the ideal choice for those who need to stimulate their immune system and digestive function. It also supports protein synthesis and hormone levels. Additionally, you can use it to support your skin health if you have problems with cellular renewals like acne, and others.
Buying this product means you will get 60 tablets that can melt quickly with the blueberry flavor. Just like other products, it is free from sugar, vegan, and gluten.
- It helps you a lot to solve some common issues: Breakouts, rashes, red flushes, immune system, cold, and others so you can use it after testing your zinc level by visiting professional healthcare.
- It has a good taste and it does not upset your stomach if you have no sensitivity
- If you need zinc that you do not want to swallow, this is what you need because they will melt in your mouth easily. Therefore, it is good to consume for daily intake.
- This is zinc oxide
8. Pure Zinc Supplement
Do you need something to restore your zinc level? This is what you need especially to control your energy production, immune system, and overall health of your body.
Additionally, this supplement has been tested and it offers high absorption so that it gives you a faster result. In this bottle, it contains zinc capsules in small shape so that it is easy to swallow. Therefore, it is easy for you to enjoy it every day.
This is the best zinc supplement for absorptionbecause it does not make upset stomach, discomfort, diarrhea, constipation, or nausea. It is because the company uses the original Zinc.
Therefore, it is still safe for pregnant women and teenagers with stomach sensitivity. Even better, you can enjoy it with or without food.
- This is ideal for people with colds, rare diseases like eosinophilic esophagitis which means you cannot take soy, hormonal acne, and many others
- Easy to swallow
- No stomach upset
- Even though other buyers said that they did not get stomach upset, but still some buyers wrote it on their critical reviews
9. NOW Supplements
This is an important mineral, zinc supplement that works to support different enzymatic functions. Zinc is found in the liver, kidneys, pancreas, and also brain. Additionally, we need zinc to increase our immune system and to complete the antioxidant systems.
It is good to know that the product contains 50 mg of Zinc Gluconate and 33% is the other ingredients. If you think that it is difficult to take a single tablet, it is okay because you can break it in half.
Also, it is the ideal choice if you are looking for tablets with no copper. Keep in mind that the tablet is not chewable, because it is in the size of an aspirin tablet.
- It is good for people with gut infection, wounds, acne, nausea, and others
- Small tablet and it is easy to swallow
- It is free of stearic acid
- Even though some buyers worry about the 50 mg of zinc, it has zinc gluconate about 13% by weight, so it is not equivalent to 50 mg of zinc.
- No copper
10. Good State – Ionic Liquid
This is the last best zinc supplement for absorptionto recommend. If you have zinc deficiency, try this and you will love how it works for your immune system.
It is also the best solution to heal wounds and to prevent infections. This zinc supplement is easy to take because you only need 10 drops to take per day.
Since it has a high level of bioavailability, it can trace minerals. For this reason, it is easier for your body to absorb compared to zinc pills. The liquid zinc drop is easy to enter the bloodstream once you ingested it in a few minutes.
If you take capsules, sometimes these are hard to swallow. Therefore, this zinc drop can solve your problem.
Best of all, it is free of artificial flavors, preservatives, and dyes. If you are hypoallergenic, it is what you need.
- Good for hair loss problem, so that it will make you feel great since it helps you stimulate your hair growth
- No additives and alcohol
- Good for the immune system
- Products molded
How to Choose A Zinc Supplement for Absorption
After reading each review of the best zinc supplement for absorption, you can choose the best choice by following this buying guide:
1. Type Zinc – Make sure that you understand the types of zinc supplements. Here are some options available on the market: Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Picolinate, Zinc Orotate, Zinc Citrate. Zinc gluconate is a good choice to bump up the zinc intake. However, if you want to spend more money on your health, zinc picolinate is the best choice.
2. Potential Benefits – Zinc supplements will do several benefits: improving immune function, handling blood sugar control, removing acne, preventing heart disease, decrease the macular degeneration.
Read also: 10 Best Vitamins for 12 Year Old
3. Dosage – Each type of zinc supplement has different zinc concentrations. For example, zinc sulfate has 23% of elemental zinc. On the other hand, zinc gluconate may offer different zinc concentrations. Make sure that you only take 15-30 mg of zinc supplement dosage per day.
4. Side Effects – Taking too much zinc intake can cause digestive issues, interfere with copper absorption, reduce the performance of antibiotics, and flu-like symptoms.
5. Safety – Speak to your doctor first before using a zinc supplement. You should not take this kind of supplement if you are pregnant.
Those are all about the buying guide to find the best zinc supplement for absorption.
Finding the best zinc supplement for absorption is crucial for overall health. It works to support strong nails, general health, beautiful skins, and fertility.
However, you should be careful when you want to take this supplement for daily intake. Make sure that you are not overdose. Talk to your doctor first before taking any zinc supplement is what we recommend.