Finding the tutorials on how to build a stationary massage table can be the ideal solution for those who want to set up a massage business at home. The cost to open this business is expensive. Of course, you need to spend some hundred dollars to purchase the table on the market.
How To Build Stationary Massage Table Steps By Steps
Materials to prepare
Here are the following materials to prepare for this tutorial:
- Plywood for the tabletop, 60 inches x 72 inches
- 2 x 4 wood for the massage table legs
- Wood glue
- Cloth or vinyl for the surface of the massage table, 78 inches x 66 inches minimum
- Foam padding for plywood cover, 72 inches x 60 inches
Also, you need the following work tools to do this DIY project:
- A measuring tape
- Miter saw
- Table saw or circular saw
- Wood glue
Here are the tutorials on how to build a stationary massage table. Please read the instruction carefully so you can complete this DIY project with no troubles:
1. Saw the plywood in half: In this step, you will use a table saw or a circular saw. After that, saw the plywood in half. So, you will have two pieces of plywood. Each of the plywood is in a size of 60 inches x 72 inches. You will use these two pieces for the table surface.
2. Now, you have two pieces of plywood. Next, use the wood glue to stick these things together. It is good to work carefully by taking your time. There should be no sharp edges at the edges and the sides of the plywood. Therefore, you should check everything. After that, press these pieces together. Let them dry by waiting for 24 hours.
3. Once the wood is dry, cut the corners of the wood. You should cut the corners of the pieces in any shape you want.
4. The tricky part, which depends on your skill, you may need help to do so. It is about how you create the hole for the head end of this massage table.
5. You should measure about 4-5 inches to form the edge of the massage table and after that, draw the oval in size of 8 inches for the width and 12 inches for the length. Make sure that it is as close to the center of the massage table as possible. Do it carefully because the face should fit through. Make sure that you do not draw a circle.
6. After drawing the oval, cut it out by using a miter saw. Now, you have the tabletop.
7. Make the legs: Make sure that you have four pieces of 2 x 4 timber with the same length and the same shape. Note that the height of the massage table is the same as the height of the wrist of you if you are the practitioner.
Additionally, the practitioner should stand up straight and relaxed. If you want to know the correct distance, you can measure it from the floor to the wrist, minus the width of this massage table.
8. Make the braces for the table legs: Once you have cut the legs, you can make the braces for the table legs. To do so, create a small mark, which is 6 inches down per table leg. After that, mark it again 6 inches from the end, which is the long side of your massage table.
Next, you need to measure the distance between the two. Use 4 pieces of 2×4 as the braces. Cut each end with an angle of 45-degree. It is because the braces will lie flat so they will against the legs as well as the top of the massage table. Line the braces up and cut them carefully.
9. Attaches the braces and the legs: You will need four-inch wood screws to drill pilot holes. You will drill the holes through the table so you can attach the braces and the legs.
10. Handle the Vinyl or cloth: Take the cloth and lay it out flat on a surface. After that, place the tabletop on it. Then, leave mark on the vinyl to hold the table. Cut it out but leave some space so that you can use the remaining to overlap the edge of this massage table. The simple trick is to cut the X shape across this vinyl to for the hole.
11. Next, place the tabletop on the top of the foam. After that, mark out space for the head. You can do the same by cutting the X shape. Fold the vinyl and the foam under the table.
12. Lay the foam on the top of this vinyl. Make sure that you overall the foam with vinyl on all the sides in size of 6 inches. Once it is lined up, take the tabletop and then place it again in the middle.
13. Next, you can staple and cover the face hole. Squeeze the foam slightly over the massage table.
14. Lastly, use a cloth to cover the vinyl.
If you want to fold a massage table, it depends on the way you make it. Some foldable massage tables are available on the internet. Most of them are available with the support of widened metal hinges. This feature lets you fold or unfold the table easily.
You can turn your bed into a massage table by using the tutorial above.
We provide you the complete instructions. Simply, read and follow the steps carefully. The correct height of a massage table should the same as the height of the wrist of the practitioner. Commonly, the height is from 60 to 80 cm.
Those are all things you should know about how to build a stationary massage table. You just have to follow the instructions we have provided for you. Keep in mind that you should measure everything carefully to avoid any matters. You can even save some dollars by having a DIY massage table than buying it.